- Winner in Sutherland Shire Business Awards 2015
- Winner of Business Person of the Year 2012
- Winner Sutherland Shire Small Business for General Retail 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 & 2006
- Winner of “Most Outstanding Small Business” Award 2002
- Finalist in Sutherland Shire Local Business Awards 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013
- “Most Successful Chocolate Exhibitor 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009” Sydney Royal Easter Show
- “Most Successful Chocolate Exhibitor 2008” - Sydney Royal Easter Show
- 14 Medals in 2009 Sydney Royal Easter Show (3 Gold, 11 Silver)
- 37 Medals in 2008 Sydney Royal Easter Show (6 Gold, 31 Silver)
- 29 Medals in 2007 Sydney Royal Easter Show (5 Gold, 24 Silver)
- 12 Medals in 2007 Dairy Industry Association of Australia (5 Gold, 7 Silver)
- 33 Melads in 2006 Sydney Royal Easter Show (8 Gold, 13 Silver, 12 Bronze)
- 8 Medals in 2006 Melbourne Royal Dairy Produce Show (2 Gold, 6 Silver)
- “Overall Champion Chocolate” in 2006 Royal Adelaide Show
- 23 Medals in 2006 Royal Adelaide Show (14 Gold, 9 Silver)
- 15 Medals in 2006 Australian Dairy Products Competition (11 Gold,4 Silver)
- “Best General Retail Business” Gymea Chamber of Commerce 2006
- “The Most Outstanding Overall Business” Gymea Chamber of Commerce 2006
- 28 Medals in 2005 Sydney Royal Easter Show (3 Gold, 10 Silver, 15 Bronze)
- 23 Medals in 2005 Melbourne Royal Dairy Produce Show (5 Gold, 18 Silver)
- "Most Successful Chocolate Exhibitor 2004 & 2005 " Melbourne Royal Dairy Produce Show
- 23 Medals in 2004 Sydney Royal Easter Show (4 Gold, 9 Silver, 10 Bronze)
- 28 Medals in 2004 Melbourne Royal Dairy Produce Show (8 Gold, 20 Silver)
- 12 Medals in 2003 Sydney Royal Easter Show (1 Gold, 5 Silver, 6 Bronze)
- NSW Champion of Champions in Manufacturing 2003, 2004
HISTORY OF NINA’S CHOCOLATES
The business was born from a passion of making fine quality handmade confectionery. George ‘s obsession for quality and knowledge saw him complete many confectionery courses both locally and overseas.
The chocolate making passion prompted the establishment of Nina’s Chocolates in 1995, which was named after his two daughters, Nicole and Natalie. George’s wife May, who is qualified accountant, has played an integral role since we commenced the business. Her vast accountancy experience has held us in good stead over the years in keeping us on track and developing Nina’s into a profitable business.
When the business first started, Nina’s Chocolates small premises were located in Kirrawee in the Industrial area, where wholesale business was focussed on. After three years, the growing wholesale customer base necessitated the move to bigger premises. We moved to our current location, Gymea Bay Road, Gymea, which has provided an opportunity to gain retail exposure and to showcase Nina’s award winning chocolates. More recently, we have established an additional 300sqm confectionery factory in Kirrawee to allow further production capacity to meet the increasing demand.
Nina’s has won an outstanding number of awards form the Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide Shows.
Nina's services both retail and wholesale customers. Wholesale customers comprise of major retailers (such as David Jones, Theobroma & Chocolate Box) and numerous specialty chocolate shops throughout Australia.
In mid-2014, the founder of Nina’s Chocolates sold the business to DMX Investments so they could retire.
We look forward to growing the business in the future and fulfilling the founder’s dreams.